Blue Cross & Blue Shield of North Carolina (YPPW)
- Provide 6 visits to the dietitian FREE with no copay, no co-insurance, and no deductible for any diagnosis. But you must enroll in the Member Health Partnership Program by calling 1-800-218-5295 prior to your appointment.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield State Health Plan PPO (YPYW)
- Provide 6 visits to the dietitian free with no copay, no coinsurance, and no dedcutible only if you have diabetes.
- Provide 4 visits to the dietitian with office co-pay not specialist normally $25 to $30 for any diagnosis.
- Click here for more information: http://www.shpnc.org/member-focus/december-2009/nutritional-visits.html.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield Federal Employee Program®
- Provide 6 visits to the dietitian with copay and deductible with any diagnosis. Contact FEP customer service to verify member’s eligibility at 1-800-222-4739
- Members with diagnosis of bulemia or anorexia, or other eligible eating disorder are eligible for unlimited visits as long as they are necessary as part of the patient’s treatment plan. 6 visits are available at no cost to the member. Subsequent visits are subject to the member’s copay or deductible.
- Children between the ages of 5-17, who are in the 85th percentile or above for weight, and who are enrolled in the Jump for Life program, are covered for 6 medical nutrition therapy (MNT) visits per year. The first 4 visits to an in-network provider are at no cost to the member. The subsequent 2 visits are subject to copay or deductible.
All Blue Cross plans may vary and you will need to call your insurance company to verify nutrition coverage before your appointment.